The Master in Creative Knitwear Design, directed by Sonia Veroni, in collaboration with con Modateca Deanna and more than 40 companies from the Italian manufacturing district, aims to train designers and industry professionals with skills both in illustration and technique useful for designing complete collections and models. The Master’s experiences involve: materials and trends research, new trends, design, technical and technological development, industrial and craftsmanship processes, product positioning and communication.
The Master is in collaboration with Modateca Deanna of San Martino in Rio (in the province of Reggio Emilia) in the heart of the Italian knitwear district. The Modateca is an international Fashion Documentation Center, founded by Deanna Ferretti in the late 1950s collects and promotes the identity of the Miss Deanna knitwear factory, which has been a centre of excellence in the knitwear manufacturing industry working with and for some of the world’s most important and prestigious fashion designers.
Personal Collections and Industry Projects of the students of the last edition of the Master, developed with the support of more than 40 companies, were showcased at Pitti Filati sponsored by Diesel Brave Kid, K-Way, Max Mara, Roberto Collina and Missoni.
The Academic Master degree is internationally recognised by the Italian Ministry of Education, 60 credits (CFA / ECTS).
The Knitwear Designer has to have competence linked to research and analysis, has to know the different trends, so as to interpret through his/her work the identity codes of a Maison in a contemporary and innovative way.
The Academic Master aims to instil organizational skills from both a design and operational prospective, essential characteristics for a knitwear professional figure able to effectively resolve issues within productive laboratories with understanding of the creative potential and the possibilities for implementation of projects.
- Students who have successfully completed an undergraduate degree in a design discipline or a subject area linked to the Master’s Course: YES
- Humanistic and Liberal Arts Degree students who have successfully completed an undergraduate course not linked to the specialist area of the Master’s: YES, but the Course Council will evaluate the single application to understand the suitability and level of preparation of the candidate
- Industry professionals of the sector and students who have not completed a recognised undergraduate degree, but have completed private courses within the subject area of the Master’s course: YES, but will not receive a recognised Master’s Degree (they’ll receive a certificate of participation of Accademia Costume & Moda).
The course duration is one academic year (twelve months, curricular internship included) and attendance is mandatory. Moreover to be accepted at the final assessments students must have at least 80% proven attendance.
The Master has a limited number of places available in order to maintain the quality level of each student’s experience. Due to demand, candidates who would like to apply need to be admitted. The process includes an interview and Portfolio presentation.
At the conclusion of the Master’s Degree the graduates will receive a Academic Master Diploma (60 credits ECTS), internationally recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR).
- Saturday February, 15th 2020
- Saturday March, 07th 2020
- Saturday April, 04th 2020
- Saturday May, 16th 2020
- Tuesday July, 14th 2020
- Saturday September, 12th 2020