The Academic Master in Accessories Design, coordinated by Luigi Mulas Debois, is in partnership with FENDI, and supported by the participation of leading companies in the field and some of the most important manufacturing companies of Made in Italy leather goods, such as tanneries, heel factory, productions and laboratories.
It is a highly-professional, theoretical-practical Master’s that combines technical, stylistic and product development teachings with the artistic-cultural aspects of research and experimentation of a collection of accessories. The course not only transfers experiences related to technological innovation in design, materials and craftsmanship but also gives organizational and operational knowledge, useful to solve the common problems that arise working with laboratories and production companies. It is crucial that the professionals understand and know the limits and potentials between the “creative” and the “productive” process to enhance the high industrial handcrafts that characterize the Made in Italy, creating and shaping new and innovative products.
The Academic Master is internationally recognised by the Italian Ministry of Education, 60 credits (CFA / ECTS).
It’s a Master of intensive theoretical and practical studies, combining research and design, industrial and craftsmanship techniques, technological innovation and product development as well as artistic and cultural growth. The Master will provide students with the conceptual knowledge base and tools necessary to understand new trends in fashion, developing new products, positioning them properly within the market of leather goods, footwear and eyewear and be able to capture the fashion atmosphere.
At the end of the training, students will be able to pursue a professional career in a creative studio, researching trends, designing and developing products and filling the various professional roles that exist in the fashion industry, from designers to product managers as well as being capable of designing one’s own accessories brand.
This Academic Master is aimed at those who have successfully completed a recognised first degree (typically BA equivalent to Level 6 of EQF-European Qualifications Framework), in a subject area relevant to this course, and wish to study with the aim to seriously focus on a career in Alta Moda/Haute Couture:
- Students who have successfully completed an undergraduate degree in a design discipline or a subject area linked to the Master Course: YES
- Humanistic and Liberal Arts Degree students who have successfully completed an undergraduate course not linked to the specialist area of the Master’s: YES, but the Course Council will evaluate the single application to understand the suitability and level of preparation of the candidate
- Industry professionals of the sector and students who have not completed a recognised undergraduate degree, but have completed private courses within the subject area of the Master course: YES, but will not receive a recognised Master Degree (they’ll receive a certificate of participation of Accademia Costume & Moda).
The course duration is one academic year (twelve months, curricular internship included) and attendance is mandatory. Moreover to be accepted at the final assessments students must have at least 80% proven attendance.
The Master has a limited number of places available in order to maintain the quality level of each student’s experience. Due to demand, candidates who would like to apply need to be admitted. The process includes an interview and Portfolio presentation.
At the conclusion of the Master’s Degree the graduates will receive a Academic Master Diploma (60 credits ECTS), internationally recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR).
Saturday February, 15th 2020
- Saturday March, 07th 2020
- Saturday April, 04th 2020
- Saturday May, 16th 2020
- Tuesday July, 14th 2020
- Saturday September, 12th 2020