The Academic Master in Fashion Jewelry, coordinated by Marina Valli, is in partnership with IGN Istituto Gemmologico Nazionale. The Master’s aims to provide to the students the conceptual knowledge and technical skills and tools needed to understand new languages and new trends in the jewel and bijou sector.
Participants will have the opportunity to gain direct experience by developing projects and collections on specific briefs, analysing the brand’s excellence and product features, and will be supported by industry professionals, in close synergy with craft and industrial realities related to jewellery and Made in Italy.
The Jewellery Designer, knows and designs ornament for the body in all its meanings, High Jewellery, Trend Bijou, Watchmaking.
The Master degree is internationally recognised by the Italian Ministry of Education, 60 credits (CFA / ECTS).
The Academic Master is designed for graduates who want to complete and/or deepen their skills, cultural and professional training in this unique and fast growing sector of the fashion industry: fine jewellery and bijoux, high jewellery and goldsmith, from research, experimentation, innovative design through to prototyping and implementation.
Students will be able to design and understand Italian design and craftsmanship of jewellery and bijoux production acquiring knowledge, experience, relations and competences. Analysis of the creative process, design and illustration techniques, innovation technology, stone cutting, research of materials, business start-up models and strategies, market research, product positioning and communication.
This Master Degree is aimed at those who have successfully completed a recognised first degree (typically BA equivalent to Level 6 of EQF-European Qualifications Framework), in a subject area relevant to this course, and wish to study with the aim to seriously focus on a career in Alta Moda/Haute Couture:
- Students who have successfully completed an undergraduate degree in a design discipline or a subject area linked to the Master’s Course: YES
- Humanistic and Liberal Arts Degree students who have successfully completed an undergraduate course not linked to the specialist area of the Master’s: YES, but the Course Council will evaluate the single application to understand the suitability and level of preparation of the candidate
- Industry professionals of the sector and students who have not completed a recognised undergraduate degree, but have completed private courses within the subject area of the Master course: YES, but will not receive a recognised Master Degree (they’ll receive a certificate of participation of Accademia Costume & Moda).
The course duration is one academic year (twelve months, curricular internship included) and attendance is mandatory. Moreover to be accepted at the final assessments students must have at least 80% proven attendance.
The Master has a limited number of places available in order to maintain the quality level of each student’s experience. Due to demand, candidates who would like to apply need to be admitted. The process includes an interview and Portfolio presentation.
At the conclusion of the Master’s Degree the graduates will receive a Academic Master Diploma (60 credits ECTS), internationally recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR).
Saturday March, 16th 2019 Saturday April, 13th 2019
- Saturday May, 18th 2019
- Wednesday June, 12th 2019
- Wednesday July, 10th 2019
- Saturday September, 14th 2019