The Master’s degree in Fashion Design, coordinated by Michela Leto, is aimed to graduates who want to complete or deepen their knowledge and cultural and professional training in this unique and exclusive sector of the fashion industry. from research to experimentation in decorative arts, to innovation in design, to the realization of a final project.
Alta Moda Italiana was born in Rome, where the contamination between Couturiers and high craftsmanship, historical architecture, ancient and contemporary art melt in a unique place where it is possible to “redefine beauty“, live in inspiration and thus nourish the creative and experimental thinking of students.
The Master’s degree is internationally recognised by the Italian Ministry of Education, 60 credits (CFA / ECTS).
The Master’s is divided according to the process of creating a collection of Haute Couture and prêt-à-couture, to provide the cognitive tools and research to support the couture project. Fundamentally to this is materials research and technical fabrics development, the study of new trends and analysis of the needs of the target market, design, technical development, the balance of toils / prototypes and experiments, all aimed at the creation and communication of a collection of a high level, that expresses the stylistic codes of a brand.
At the end of the Master’s, students will be ready to pursue a career within the fashion system, able to play a variety of roles professionally and creatively: designers, product managers, fabric researchers, designers / artisans and / or entrepreneurs themselves.
This Master’s Degree is aimed at those who have successfully completed a recognised first degree (typically BA equivalent to Level 6 of EQF-European Qualifications Framework), in a subject area relevant to this course, and wish to study with the aim to seriously focus on a career in Alta Moda/Haute Couture:
- Students who have successfully completed an undergraduate degree in a design discipline or a subject area linked to the Master’s Course: YES
- Humanistic and Liberal Arts Degree students who have successfully completed an undergraduate course not linked to the specialist area of the Master’s: YES, but the Course Council will evaluate the single application to understand the suitability and level of preparation of the candidate
- Industry professionals of the sector and students who have not completed a recognised undergraduate degree, but have completed private courses within the subject area of the Master’s course: YES, but will not receive a recognised Master’s Degree (they’ll receive a certificate of participation of Accademia Costume & Moda).
The course duration is one academic year (twelve months, curricular internship included) and attendance is mandatory. Moreover to be accepted at the final assessments students must have at least 80% proven attendance.
The Master’s has a limited number of places available in order to maintain the quality level of each student’s experience. Due to demand, candidates who would like to apply need to be admitted. The process includes an interview and Portfolio presentation.
At the conclusion of the Master’s Degree the graduates will receive a First Level Master’s Degree Diploma (60 credits ECTS), internationally recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR).
Saturday March, 17th 2018 Saturday April, 14th 2018
- Saturday May, 19th 2018
- Wednesday June, 13th 2018
- Wednesday July, 11th 2018
- Saturday September, 15th 2018