Master’s – 60 ECTS
Creative Knitwear Design
November, 13th 2017
Italian / English
San Martino in Rio (RE)
The Master’s degree in Creative Knitwear Design, directed by Sonia Veroni, in collaboration with con Modateca Deanna and more than 40 companies from the Italian manufacturing district, aims to train designers and industry professionals with skills both in illustration and technique useful for designing complete collections and models. The Master’s experiences involve: materials and trends research, new trends, design, technical and technological development, industrial and craftsmanship processes, product positioning and communication.
The Master’s takes place in San Martino in Rio (in the province of Reggio Emilia) at the site of Modateca Deanna. The Modateca is an international Fashion Documentation Center, founded by Deanna Ferretti in the late 1950s collects and promotes the identity of the Miss Deanna knitwear factory, which has been a centre of excellence in the knitwear manufacturing industry working with and for some of the world’s most important and prestigious fashion designers.
Personal Collections and Industry Projects of the students of the first edition of the Master’s, developed with the support of more than 40 companies, were showcased at Pitti Filati sponsored by Pitti Discovery Foundation, Max Mara, The Woolmark Company and Avant Toi.
The Master’s degree is internationally recognised by the Italian Ministry of Education, 60 credits (CFA / ECTS).
The Knitwear Designer has to have competence linked to research and analysis, has to know the different trends, so as to interpret through his/her work the identity codes of a Maison in a contemporary and innovative way.
The Masters aims to instil organizational skills from both a design and operational prospective, essential characteristics for a knitwear professional figure able to effectively resolve issues within productive laboratories with understanding of the creative potential and the possibilities for implementation of projects.
- Students who have successfully completed an undergraduate degree in a design discipline or a subject area linked to the Master’s Course: YES
- Humanistic and Liberal Arts Degree students who have successfully completed an undergraduate course not linked to the specialist area of the Master’s: YES, but the Course Council will evaluate the single application to understand the suitability and level of preparation of the candidate
- Industry professionals of the sector and students who have not completed a recognised undergraduate degree, but have completed private courses within the subject area of the Master’s course: YES, but will not receive a recognised Master’s Degree (they’ll receive a certificate of participation of Accademia Costume & Moda).
The course duration is one academic year (twelve months, curricular internship included) and attendance is mandatory. Moreover to be accepted at the final assessments students must have at least 80% proven attendance.
The Master’s has a limited number of places available in order to maintain the quality level of each student’s experience. Due to demand, candidates who would like to apply need to be admitted. The process includes an interview and Portfolio presentation.
At the conclusion of the Master’s Degree the graduates will receive a First Level Master’s Degree Diploma (60 credits ECTS), internationally recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR).
- Saturday March, 17th 2018
- Saturday April, 14th 2018
- Saturday May, 19th 2018
- Wednesday June, 13th 2018
- Wednesday July, 11th 2018
- Saturday September, 15th 2018